Wednesday, October 7, 2009

SproutCore 1.0 Coming Soon

I discovered SproutCore a while back and it didn't really seem all that interesting at the time.

The other day I was checking using
Indeed's excellent jobtrends feature to watch  the adoption of various JavaScript toolkits (jQuery vs Dojo vs GWT vs ExtJS vs Qooxdoo). I was mainly interested in the "heavier" frameworks which have support for lots of widgets but included jQuery for reference. 


Thinking of the adoption rates of the above got me thinking about SproutCore again. So I went over to the project site and it seems that while I wasn't looking, the SproutCore guys have busily started moving towards a 1.0 release.

I spent a few hours playing with it. I had a little difficulty with some of the docs. Some of it looks out of date, other docs have 'coming soon' next to them. The
docs site seemed to be down for much of the time I was playing.

Still, I feel like this looks really promising. I'm looking forward to trying to build something with it and see how things develop over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment